Lasagne’s a perennial family fave – and this recipe’s a great, relatively simple version of the classic. Lean minced beef, cooked in stock, tomato and red wine, is layered with pasta sheets and smothered in a creamy cheesy béchamel sauce made with parmesan and Flora Cuisine, enriched with onion, carrot and bay. Then it all goes into the oven after being sprinkled with cheese. Fab with a green salad.
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 70 min
- 350 g (12oz) lean beef mince (10% fat)
- 1 Large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
- 600 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2– 3 tbsp tomato puree
- handful of fresh chopped mixed herbs
- Good pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 glass red wine (125 ml)
- 175 g (6oz) lasagna sheets
- 425 ml (¾ pint) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 Small onion and carrot
- bay leaf
- 2 tbsp Flora Cuisine
- 25 g flour
- 40 g (1½oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to moderate 170°C (fan assisted), 350°F, gas mark 4.
- Place mince, onion and garlic in a pan and fry, stirring until the beef is browned.
- Crumble in the Knorr cube and stir in. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, pepper and wine. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagne in boiling salted water for 10–15 minutes, until just soft. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- For the sauce, bring the milk to the boil with the onion, carrot and bay leaf. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10–15 minutes. Strain the milk and place back in the pan with the Flora Cuisine and flour. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil and simmer for 2–3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mixture, lasagne and sauce ending with the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30–40 minutes.