Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
The chocolate chip cupcake is a favourite around the world, so why not bring this coffee shop bake into your own kitchen? They only take 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook, and the results are guaranteed to delight the kids. These are ideal for cake-bakes, parties or simply as an indulgent treat for the whole family.
- Recipe serves: 10
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 115 g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 25 g chocolate chips
- 55 g (2oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsps water or milk
- Maltesers, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2 – 3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together and spread or pipe onto each cake. Decorate with maltesers.